- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
Upcoming virtual events
The Port of Vancouver is on a journey to become the world’s most sustainable port. Join us online to hear from members of the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority’s Strategic Environmental Initiatives team about what sustainability looks like at Canada’s largest port.
Here’s what we will talk about:
- What a sustainable port means to us
- Why and how we collaborate
- How we manage port-related air emissions
- What clean technology we’re piloting
- And more
Nicole Gordon, B.Sc.
Christine Rigby, M.Sc.
Air emissions specialist
Thursday, September 24, 2020
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. online via Webex
To learn more about sustainability at the Port of Vancouver, click here
Join us as we celebrate World Maritime Day at the Port of Vancouver. On Thursday, September 24, this virtual celebration will feature behind-the-scenes videos, a virtual harbour tour of the Burrard Inlet, and an evening online presentation about sustainability at the Port of Vancouver.
World Maritime Day was established by the International Maritime Organization, with celebrations held internationally to recognize the importance of shipping safety, maritime security and the marine environment. The theme for this year is sustainable shipping for a sustainable planet.
About World Maritime Day
When:?Thursday, September 24, 2020
Time: A full day of online events
NOTICE: In alignment with Health Canada recommendations and to do our part to ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff during this time, the Delta Community Office is closed to the public.??
Instead, join us online for one of our virtual events. Sign up for our newsletter and you’ll be the first to know about our upcoming events.
If you have a port-related question or would like information regarding port operations in Delta, we are available by phone and email.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office provides an opportunity for the community to meet?Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and?learn about?port operations, initiatives and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office is open to the public and hosts a variety of free events such as bus tours and a speaker series aimed at broadening the public’s understanding of the Port of Vancouver and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. The Speaker Series has included guest speakers who have presented on topics such as the Alaska cruise industry, the role of a Fraser River marine pilot, the Canadian Coast Guard, shore power for container ships, and Canada’s grain exports. Subscribe to the Delta community office newsletter to be the first to know about upcoming events and tours.
The office also hosts meetings, such as those of the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Community office address
5223 Ladner Trunk Road, Delta, BC V4K 1W4
Located in Trenant Park Square, Ladner?[map]
The Delta Community Office is closed to the public until further notice
Wednesday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more information, contact us at 604.665.9635 or [email protected]?
Projects of interest
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Tsawwassen Eelgrass Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative?– Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Intermodal Yard Reconfiguration Project – Global Container Terminals
- Equipment Replacement and Upgrade Project – Westshore Terminals
- Annacis Island Wastewater Treatment Plant New Outfall System – Metro Vancouver
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions (WWS) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions (WWS) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal?export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community events, projects and initiatives throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following in Delta:
- City of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- City of Delta – Luminary Festival
- City of Delta – Ladner Pioneer May Days
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival Committee – Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- Tsawwassen Boundary Bay Lions Club – Canada Day Picnic
- Delta Secondary School – Youth Leadership Program